Friday, March 02, 2007

Quotes

Here are some excellent quotes from one of my favorite authors.
Sam sure was a clever fellow!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years. ---Mark Twain

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. --- Mark Twain

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. --- Mark Twain

The heart is the real Fountain of Youth. --- Mark Twain

When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain. --- Mark Twain

In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination. --- Mark Twain

Why is it that we rejoice at a birth and grieve at a funeral? It is because we are not the person involved. --- Mark Twain

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity. --- Mark Twain

Education consists mainly in what we have unlearned. --- Mark Twain


I never let my schooling interfere with my education. --- Mark Twain

The less a man knows the bigger the noise he makes and the higher the salary he commands. --- Mark Twain

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. --- Mark Twain

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. --- Mark Twain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home