Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Response To The Thrift Store Story

Here is a response I received in regard to the story about the scroll purchased at a thrift store which turned out to be a rare copy of the Declaration of Independence, from Jim, the best Brother-In -Law anyone ever had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I remember an equally interesting story about the Declaration of Independence.

Several years ago someone purchased an old painting at a flea market, just for the frame. The actual painting was not in very good shape. However, the frame was what caught this person’s eye and he proceeded to pay a small amount for the frame.

When the guy returned home and removed the old painting from the frame, he found a piece of paper behind the artwork. It was a rough draft of the Declaration of Independence. All of the details had not been hammered out yet. A historian believed that at the time of the rough draft, this document would have been a sure ticket to being charged with treason by the British. Someone had hidden the paper there and for some reason, never went back for it.

That paper sold for a truckload of money.

I am never able to find this type of bargain at flea markets I attend. -Jim

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the best deal I have ever received at a flea market. No Declaration of Independence for me, I'd rather have this anyway!

I picked up a half inch drive Wright SuperRatchet tool twenty years ago at a flea market (The Rogers Sale). I've used it extensively ever since, including placing a six foot cheater bar on it to remove the brakes from an old motorhome. This baby will take a one and one half inch Harley compensator nut off from inside the primary case easy as pie. It has never slipped and I have never busted a knuckle from it. Ask a mechanic what that's worth! This tool today sells for around one hundred dollars and it still has a repair kit available, even though I've never needed one.
I paid one dollar for an old tool box that was full of junk and also had this inside.
Twenty years later I still do a happy dance whenever I use it! -Tramp

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*would like to see video of the happy dance*

Thursday, March 08, 2007 1:25:00 PM  
Blogger Tramp said...

And a great video it is!

Unfortunately, that video has been banned in thirty seven countries, including ours.

Think 'Elaine from Seinfeld' dancing! Only worse.

Friday, March 09, 2007 10:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home