Monday, April 09, 2007

Whiskey Update


My curiosity got the better of me after I posted my 'Top Whiskeys' story.

I had never heard of Woodford Reserve before.

It is made in copper stills, just like long ago. Oscar Pepper founded this Kentucky distillery in 1812, distilling and bottling this bourbon in small batches. Each bottle contains the batch and bottle number. Nothing has changed.

So I now have a bottle (Batch 244, Bottle 02771). It was bottled at 90.4 proof.

I sampled two shots of this fantastic liquid. The second shot was even better than the first. And the first shot was among the best I'd ever had.

They rate this as the Number Two whiskey in the world.

I question that.
I believe it is at very least tied with number one.

You have to try this stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home