Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Young Love!

I hope they know about, you know, 'protection'!

**********

Man, 96, marrying sweetheart
PERTH, Scotland (UPI) -- A 96-year-old Scotsman says a serious illness convinced him to ask his longtime girlfriend to become his bride. "I had three life-threatening illnesses, with which she was with me all the time, so I felt I owed her a bit more than just being my bidie-in," Bill Rodger told The Scotsman, using the Lowland Scots expression for a live-in partner. Rodger and Liz Stewart, 78, who have been a couple for 11 years, plan to tie the knot Saturday. The guests include Rodger's six great-grandchildren. Stewart said when Rodger proposed she had to think about it overnight. She has been a widow for 16 years. "Bill didn't get down on one knee or propose or he'd never have got up again," Stewart said. The Rev. Douglas Main of Errol Parish Church, where Stewart is a member of the congregation, is to do the honors at Rodger's bungalow in Cherrybank near Perth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home