Saturday, June 21, 2008

Warren Zevon


Warren Zevon was a great artist. I love his music. Everyone knows 'Werewolves of London', 'Excitable Boy', and 'Lawyers Guns and Money'. But did you know that he wrote 'Poor Poor Pitiful Me'? And I think his recorded version of it is better than Linda Ronstadt's. 'Splendid Isolation' is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. And 'Mr. Bad Example' is downright funny. Here is a line from that song.
.


"I'm very well acquainted with the Seven Deadly Sins,

I keep a busy schedule trying to fit them in."
.


The reason I bring him up is because there is currently a petition being circulated to induct him into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I can't believe he isn't in it already. The people in Cleveland must be slow!
.
If you are like me, sign this petition. It's an online petition, and I've mentioned before that online petitions are not valid because a real petition has to be signed. Well, they got around that by including an app that allows you to sign it right on your computer. See it
HERE.
.
Warren is in Heaven now, but he also belongs in the Rock Hall. More so than many who are there.
.
Thanks for the great music Warren, and say hi to God for me.

He took you for your music, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home