Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Poetry By Carrie

Carrie from the Moon Connection, not this moon connection, or this one, or even this one (and certainly NOT the Noon Connection, don't even GO there), but THE Moon Connection, has written a poem for me.

I think she likes me.

I feel giggly all over.

I hear they make a soap for that.

Here is her poem.


What is a Cleveland Brown?

A Bengal is a tiger
And a fast plane is a Jet.
A Cowboy comes from Texas
And a Raider's tough I'll bet.

A Viking's from the frigid north.
Seahawks live near the sea.
All are names of football teams,
Just like they ought to be.

But there's one name that makes no sense
It causes me to frown
Can anyone enlighten me?
Just what's a Cleveland Brown?!

I don't know if it is true,
But I think I've heard a theory;
That Cleveland named its team
After the color of Lake Erie.

Brown does not describe
A big and strong athletic man.
It's what's inside the diaper
Of a baby Steeler's fan.

The guy who named this football team
Must be the Cleveland clown
Who else would think to call
A football warrior a Brown!!

If I'd been born in Cleveland
And there my life was spent,
I'd find another team to cheer
From pure embarrassment.

I myself, have always loved
The Steelers Black and Gold.
I did when I was very young,
And I will when I am old.

But why's this name an adjective
When it should be a noun?
Can anybody tell me
What the hell's a Cleveland Brown?!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's only a game.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 5:19:00 PM  
Blogger Lendres said...

CLOWN****************************

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Tramp said...

Only a game?

Only a game???

ONLY A GAME???!!!

I am too shocked to respond to that.
Shocked, I tell you.

Need air. Must go outside.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home