Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bike Week Is Coming

Harley Davidson has a message for us.

I've been to Bike Week. I rode down, none of that 'towing the bike' crap for me. It's a thousand mile ride from where I'm at. And it's a great time, too. I had a girl in a Easyriders van pull up next to me and shoot pics. I had the throttle lock on at the time, going 70 MPH on I77 with my feet on the handlebars and laid back on my luggage. It was tied to the sissy bar in a garbage bag, in case of rain, as I didn't have saddlebags at the time.

When I got to Daytona, I pulled up in front of The Boot Hill Saloon.
I walked in and told the bartender, "I just rode a thousand miles to have a beer right here".
He said, "You didn't tow?"
I said, "F**k tow!"
He walked right past me, went outside and looked at my license plate.
He came back in and said, "You ain't kiddin'. All your drinks are on me tonight!".
I said, "Kewl!". And we partied!
He was a good man.
I'm glad he liked me, he was the size of a Grizzly Bear.

I carved my name in the third table on the right with my Buck.
The bartender told me to do it. I agreed.
.




Don't miss out on a great room for Daytona Bike Week 2007! We have some prime real estate reserved for you and your crew, right in the heart of the action. Visit harley-davidson.com to reserve online today as the best spots are selling out fast. Then get your first sneak peek at Bike Week ’07 and the H-D activity schedule, including Harley-Davidson special events starting Saturday, March 3rd. Check back for more details and the complete schedule in February, and be sure to catch our exclusive coverage starting March 5th. We'll be seeing you in Daytona, on your bike or at the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home