Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Carrie's Quote Of The Day


Carrie has a great quote from a great man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I start my day with a Quote of the Day- thought this one a great one to share!


"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word:
freedom; justice; honor; duty; mercy; hope."
- Sir Winston Churchill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to take this opportunity to throw in my two favorite Winston Churchill quotes.

The first was to Lady Astor. She was an American married to an Englishman and was the first woman to enter British Parliament. She used to argue with Churchill the whole time.
At a luncheon party at which they were both present she got so annoyed with him she said: "Winston, if you were married to me I would give you poison."
Winston retorted: "Nancy, if I were married to you I would take it!"

Then, after the war when he had lost the election and was out of office, he dined very well in the House of Commons dining room. As he walked out down the wide corridors of the House of Commons he zigzagged a little.
A well-known lady M.P., much beloved but not very beautiful, went up to him and said: "Winston, you are drunk".
Pulling himself up he replied: "Bessie, my dear, do you know you are very ugly. Tomorrow I'll be sober and you will still be very ugly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Southern Girl checks in with one of her favorite Winnie quotes.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are two of my favorites, also.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 1:53:00 PM  
Blogger Tramp said...

The man had too sharp a wit to go up against. I would have passed on a battle of wits with him.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 6:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, i think you'd have given him a run for his money. ;)

and i like this one, too:

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

*snork*

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger Tramp said...

I'm no slacker, but I'm also no Winston Churchill. I would bow to his greatness!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 2:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home