Friday, April 13, 2007

What The Hell Happened?

I've been gone for a couple of days. Not by choice, mind you. Allow me to explain.

Google, the sponsor of this site, has been trying to get me to change this site over to their new 'beta' version for about six months now. I steadfastly refused. I've seen other blogs that did this and it is almost impossible to leave a comment on them. So no thanks, said I.

Well, they have now done it for me. If you think it's tough to leave a comment, try putting a post up!

You have to have a Google account to do either. It's free, but it took me, an experienced techie, two days to get an active account from them. Long story!

Let me make it short.

To get a Google account, start here and see if you already have one.

Pick a user name and password.

Then wait (and I do mean WAIT!) for a confirmation email.

Click to confirm your email and you are just getting started.

Now it is mandatory that you change your password (no, I don't know why, but it won't work until you do).

Now you can either play the looping log-in screen forever, or you can click on TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, and on the GENERAL tab, click DELETE FILES and DELETE COOKIES.

Again, I don't know why. But I do know that this is the only way to make it work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home