Sunday, October 28, 2007

Friday's Top Story















Grandmother Bonnie




October 26, 1913 - October 26, 2007





From Sweet








Grandmother Bonnie, passed today, I loved her with all my heart; my Grandmother was born October 26, 1913 and decided today October 26, 2007; she was tired, so simply closed her eyes, smiled and went to heaven. Bonnie was a spry little woman, she is one of very few who knew me the “real sweet” and loved me for my funkiness. In fact, my grandmother was responsible for buying me my first pack of smokes; she bought me the peace sign earrings my parents refused to allow me to have.





I remember spending time with her during the summer and believe me, she was cool. During one of these stays, I wanted to sleep in the tent in her backyard along with my sister, brother and aunt who is just 18 months older than I am.





Being a good grandmother she tried to tell us that the boogieman would come in the night and take us…of course, I was not going to fall for this silly story…so we got to camp in the backyard…until about 3:00 a.m. When we heard the scary knocking sound, you know the sound like someone being hit in the head…we just kept hearing it repeatedly. We finally looked out the door of the tent and saw a shadow if a hunchback man moving across the yard with a big club in his hand…we all screamed. We were so scared, we started yelling, grandmother, "come outside and gets us we saw the boogieman"…"she replied you wanted to stay out there, so you have to come in on your own."





So each one of us gather ourselves, made a plan how we would all get to the back door alive…then we ran as fast as our little legs would carry us hit the back door and ran to her bedroom. The night -light was on and it gave us just enough light to see she was in bed with her back turn away from us, however, there was enough room in the bed for all of us, so we jumped in the bed. My grandmother, said "I have been waiting for you” as she turned over you could see a hump on her back and a big club in her hand….we all screamed and she laughed. My grandmother took this plan to great length she was dressed in my granddad’s jeans and shirt and the club was a baseball bat…





There are so many stories and memories…this one just seemed to fix today, since we are so close to Halloween. I am sad for today, but I can say… this great woman help me learn to enjoy a great practical joke….





Sweet
xoxoxoxoxo








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home