Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Flatus Apparatus



I’ve been trying very hard to avoid regurgitating content from other blogs but I couldn’t help myself in this case:
a post on boingboing about a fart-powered missile launcher:
To operate the assembly, the player who may be fully clothed places the inlet of the tube with its valve open adjacent his anal region from which a colonic gas is discharged. The piston is then withdrawn to a degree producing a negative pressure to inhale the gas into the combustion chamber to intermix with the air therein to create a combustible mixture. The ignitor is then activated to explode the gas in the chamber and fire the missile into space.
So since I have no real direction in life, I thought I’d contribute to their post by extracting the original patent’s images from the US Patent Office’s website, whose document image system is very cumbersome to deal with.


It must be fun to work at the patent office sometimes.
Here are the full page extracts of the original patent:
Cover Pages 1 and 2 Pages 3 and 4 Pages 5 and 6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home