Sunday, December 23, 2007

This Guy Was Loved By Everyone

From Carrie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob Hope...

God love him......
For those of you too young to remember Bob, ask your Grandparents!!!
And thanks for the memories...

.


.


WHAT A WONDERFUL REMEMBRANCE.
I HOPE THIS WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE AND IN YOUR HEART.


Tribute to a man who DID make a difference:

* * * Bob Hope * * *
May 29,1903 -July 27, 2003
.

.



ON TURNING 70
'You still chase women, but only downhill.'
.
ON TURNING 80

'That's the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing.'
.
ON TURNING 90

'You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.'
.
ON TURNING 100

'I don't feel old. In fact I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap.'
.
ON GIVING UP HIS EARLY CAREER, BOXING

'I ruined my hands in the ring ... the referee kept stepping on them.'
.
ON NEVER WINNING AN OSCAR

'Welcome to the Academy Awards or, as it's called at my home, 'Passover.''
.
ON GOLF

'Golf is my profession. Show business is just to pay the green fees.'
.
ON PRESIDENTS

'I have performed for 12 presidents and entertained only six.'
.
ON WHY HE CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS CAREER

'When I was born, the doctor said to my mother,
'Congratulations You have an eight-pound ham.''
.
ON RECEIVING THE CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL

'I feel very humble, but I think I have the
strength of character to fight it.'
.
ON HIS FAMILY'S EARLY POVERTY

'Four of us slept in the one bed.
When it got cold, mother threw on another brother'
.
ON HIS SIX BROTHERS

'That's how I learned to dance. Waiting for the bathroom.'
.
ON HIS EARLY FAILURES

'I would not have had anything to eat if it wasn't
for the stuff the audience threw at me.'
.
ON GOING TO HEAVEN

'I've done benefits for ALL religions.
I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality.'

.


God BLESS AMERICA
.
Give me a sense of humor Lord,
Give me the grace to see a joke,
to get some humor out of life, and pass it on to other folks.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home