Saturday, March 25, 2006

Beer

Friday night and I've sipped a couple beers. I love a good beer. But two or three is my limit any more. I could put them away in my younger days (back when we used to write on stone tablets), but not any more. A couple three does me fine. So accordingly, I've changed my requirements for beer from anything cold to something good. I prefer Czechoslovakian Lagers and Belgian Ales. The mass produced beer in this country is very poor quality. I had a short online conversation with Cristobol (the owner of one of the best blogs out there and an extremely multi-talented man) about beer and I think we agree on this country's beer. I brew my own (I can make an excellent Czech Pilsener). To give you an idea of my take on US beer, I made this comment to CBol. My recipe for Budweiser, pee in a bag of garbage and shake well.
There are some good beers here. Anchor Steam is one. Arrogant Bastard Ale is another. Pretty much anything from Great Lakes Brewing ranks high. I do like Rolling Rock, but it is a regional beer.
Every beer drinker in the world has argued about which is the best beer in the world. Argue no more. I have discovered the best beer in the world. This is not my opinion. This is the unanimous opinion of beer experts all over the world. It is a beer called Westvleteren 12. It is brewed by Trappist Monks in Belgium once a year. They cannot drink it, but sell it instead for money to eat. And now you, dear readers, have access to the
beer phone (click on "The Brewery). This is the only place in the world where you can buy this nectar of the gods. It comes only in cases and costs 27 euros ($33US) per case. The shipping is high, but you will never forget this beer. I spoke with Father Abbot, the head Monk, and he tells me that you must agree to not resell this beer when you buy it. You can find people selling it by the bottle for about $10 per bottle on the internet. If you do, please let Father Abbot know, and he will make sure they never do it again. You would think people know better than to piss off a Monk. If you decide to try this beer, be warned. You will never look at beer the same again and this country's mass produced beer will disgust you.





Oh, and up there is one of my favorite wallpapers. If you tile it, it looks great. Some people wonder why I dislike Bud so much. For one thing, it's not really beer. Beer is barley, malt, hops and yeast. Read Bud's label. No barley, just rice. Rice?
And here is an interesting fact. The real Budweiser is a European beer that is a very well made beer. The US Budweiser (or as I like to call it, ButtWiper) stole the name. Also, the real Bud's slogan is "The Beer Of Kings". Need I say more? Anyone who can't think of a name or slogan isn't going to brew something I want to drink.

Disclaimer: The above is not fact in any way but simply my own humble opinion. You must be 18 years old and unmarried to have an opinion. Offer not valid in engaged men.

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Myself being from the " Great Lakes " area must agree with you on your fine commentary. Alas, it will be awhile before I can afford to leave the " high Life " and reintroduce myself to fine small micro brews. Around the country you will find some fine little micro brews- if you see an airline crew huddled around tables drinking, you can be sure of 2 things. 1) It's cheap beer and food and 2) It's good beer and food. Best choice of micro brews to me? Portland, Me and Denver, Co

Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:01:00 AM  
Blogger Tramp said...

As far as affordability, the micro brews are cheaper than any other. My favorite micro brew? My basement.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I am heading over right after I hit send. Bringing Sammy to keep Sophie company...between the home brew and 'you know who's' wonderful fresh roasted coffee, I may move in permanently...as long as it is during football season, I won't be missed....or for as long as we have ESPN and ESPN classic, 'he' won't notice....

Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:34:00 PM  
Blogger Tramp said...

It's not you-know-who. Everyone knows we are Lady and the Tramp.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:12:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

And that my friends is the source of the original Disney Classic

Monday, April 10, 2006 9:01:00 PM  
Blogger Tramp said...

Yeah, but we both look better in real life.

Monday, April 10, 2006 9:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home