Friday, March 10, 2006

An Odd Protest

Remember last Labor Day weekend when gas was three and a half bucks a gallon? Well boats don't do too good on gas. Mine gets two miles per gallon at cruising speed (30 mph), less than 1 mpg wide open. People ask me why this is. I tell them to try driving their car while pushing a wave of water in front of it. Also, leave the car in first gear, that's all a boat has. What can you do, right? Well, I found these two guys on the Ohio river that day. They wanted to go fishing but couldn't afford the gas. Holiday weekend too. So you decide if they were smart or not. As a protest, and to fish, they left the boat on shore and headed down the river on their dock. Yup, that's the dock they are on. It doesn't use any gas at all. That would kinda be like leaving your car at home and taking the garage. I thought it wasn't too smart until I realized we were both on the same river and both having a great time but I was burning $3.50 gas at a rate of a quart a minute, double that at 50 mph. They spent nothing, nada, zip. I laughed when I saw them. Later I was scratching my head, wondering who really had the last laugh.

Update: The picture didn't show up. Must be something wrong with the Blogger, couldn't be me, right. Right? I'll stay on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home