Monday, March 06, 2006

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way.....

Well, a friend of mine gave me today's story inadvertantly. He is what you would call a screwup. It's not his fault (his favorite saying). Alcohol mostly. He will accidently destroy one of your prized possesions, look at you and say "Well it's not my fault.", pee in your living room and say "Well it's not my fault.", break an important piece of equipment and say,... you get the idea. Great source of stories though.
He recently hooked up with a new girlfriend. My first question, what's wrong with her? Nothing he says. So I meet her. Seems normal. I ask her, what's wrong with you? Nothing she says, why do you ask? Because you are with him. She thinks it's a joke. I let it go.
So anyway, they tell me they are taking a trip to Maine, about 800 miles from here. Bought a new car for $500. A Mercedes I ask? No. She gets paid ($60, really) and off they go. I worry.
So I get the call today from him. Can I get him a bus ticket home? Why? Seems she had a few (eight) outstanding warrants in Maine. Was that smart to go there knowing this I ask him? It's not my fault he says. Of course not, never is. So greyhound made some money off me today, even though I do not require their services. But it's worth it. I'll be picking him up at the bus depot and expecting a wealth of stories. Of course I'll share them with you. I can hardly wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home