Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Work

When you meet people, eventually you get around to asking them what they do for a living. This sometimes becomes a problem for me. I tell them I make a machine that climbs buildings. "Like Superman?" they say? No, he leaps tall buildings. "Oh, like Spiderman?" they sometimes reply. Again no. He is ficticious. And he wouldn't need my equipment. My equipment is real. People then ask "Why would someone want to climb a tall building?" and that is a good question. I always say "I don' t know, but they do".

Ok, I do know. Mainly to wash windows, do repairs and such. Bridge painters are my biggest customers. Keep in mind I don't go up, I just build them. I've been up there and I don't like it.

Some will dismiss me as a looney. Others will say "If you don't want to tell me, you don't have to." I sigh. So I've decided to post my company brochure on here to show some that I'm not kidding. Pictured on the front are window washers. Of course, when I think about it, if I did something else and someone told me this.....


3 Comments:

Blogger Tramp said...

Joe is a carpenter, Ralph a truck driver and Wolfie I have no idea. Wolfie I have never met. That post was just a story, same as when I said I took your picture.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:22:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Do you have any of your equipment on my special place of the world- The Mackinac( please pronounce is Mack-i-naw)Bridge? Others should google the bridge if they have never seen where the rainbow ends before.....

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Tramp said...

Yes Carrie, we did do that bridge, and there is quite a story in there too. I'll have to tell you next time I see you.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home