Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Honda Hoot

Geno brought this news item to my attention. We both had to laugh at the last sentance.

For the sixth year in a row, thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts roared into downtown Knoxville to kick off the Honda Hoot rally, which is expected to bring millions of dollars into the local economy.

As row after row of Hondas, Suzukis, Harleys and other brands were parked by their owners at World's Fair Park for the rally's kickoff, event coordinators said they have formalized an agreement to keep the annual event in Knoxville through 2009.

Bikers from across North America are attending the rally, which is scheduled to wrap up Saturday night with a downtown street party on Gay Street.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tramp said...

When Geno called me with this story, he very much wanted it posted right away. He thought it was funny. And so did I.

Friday, June 23, 2006 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger Tramp said...

The article mentioned there would be Harleys there too. And you know how those Harley riders like to drop them Hondas. Maybe that's why they didn't show.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:03:00 PM  
Blogger ieatboogers said...

I was in Koxville in '97 for big chess tournament and I noticed "Gay street" while I was there! Hilarious.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 1:57:00 AM  
Blogger Tramp said...

When Geno called me with this story, I knew it would be a hit.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home