Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Writing Tips UPDATE: Dumb Guy Alert

This is from a blog called Whatever. This guy knows *deleted*.

UPDATE: I was just about to post this, saying his blog was good and he was intelligent. I was going to promote his site, but then I checked it today to get the URL and I found this.

This isn't what bothers me, really. What bothers me is the following quote:

But Merritt Island motorcyclist and helmet law opponent Dave Carroll said the helmet law debate is misguided.
"What causes most of the crashes is cars," he said. "Usually, it's the car driver turning left at an intersection and causing an accident because they didn't see us coming."


You know what? If someone believes they shouldn't have to wear a motorcycle helmet because the accident is someone else's fault, the fact is I don't want that person to wear a helmet. Because that person is clearly too damn stupid to live.For the rest of you, I'll merely remind you of what you no doubt already know, which is that your brains will splatter themselves across the pavement just as readily when the accident is someone else's fault as they will when it is yours.

Nice going jackass. You've just turned every biker in America against you. Of course we bikers should have to suffer because jackasses like you don't know how to drive. At least you admit it's your fault. Try fixing the problem on your end instead of wanting us to protect ourselves from morons like you. Yeah, I am going to leave a link to his site. Maybe some of you would like to leave him a comment. Here.

You know, screw his writing tips. We don't need advice from someone as apparently stupid as this fellow seems to be.

FURTHER UPDATE: This guy's site only takes comments from people he OK's. Yeah, I could do that too. If I were a pussy. But I'm not. You wanna bust my chops for something I said, go ahead. All comments are posted here, good or bad. And if I ever say anything as dumb as this guy, I'll kick my own ass.

Like Geno, I ain't scared.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tell that,
DUMB SUMBITCH TRAMPER
NEVER SURRENDER

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 12:37:00 AM  
Blogger charles said...

I used to work in an ER and i know the survival rate of motorcyclists without helmets is very low, yet they still ignore statistics and personal experience, its a sort of stupid blindness.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tramp,
I haven't ridden a motorcycle in well over a decade and so don't consider myself an entheuseist (I know I misspelled it). I agree that a large majority of motorcycle related wrecks are caused by car motorists, either through unattentiveness, or plan old incompetency. I'm sure every agrees there are too many idiots on the roads and it is almost impossible for safety conscience drivers, of any type of vehicle, to be aware of them. It is common sense that every vehicle operator (motorized or otherwise) protect themselves from the morons the best that they can. In my opinion, that means motorcyclist should wear protective headgear. In Car vs Motorcycle collision, the car almost always wins. I've seen the results hundreds of times (I'm sure you have too) and I have attended too many funerals. It really doesn't matter whose at fault...dead is dead. I don't know if a helmet would have lessened his injuries, but does Big Ben R feel any better knowing that the accident wasn't his fault?

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:49:00 AM  
Blogger Tramp said...

The bottom line here is that bikers are being required to do something that is not a result of something that is their fault. Morons are allowed to drive and bikers are being required to surrender freedoms for actions that are not their fault.

How about I tell you to wear a helmet when you go to the grocery store because I like to run through the store throwing bricks? Would that be OK? Sure it's a stupid thing to do and is no fault of your own. But you have to protect yourself from morons when you go out. Is that alright? Can you see the relation to what you are saying?

Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see exactly what you are saying, and as I said in your today's post, I agree with you. However, you cannot and will not keep the idiots, morons, assholes, etc off the roads.

As my Grand Uncle used to say (both my grandpas died before I was born) If you shot all the idiots on the planet, you would be a very lonely person.

This is the last I will comment on the helmet issue. I respect your, Geno's, and the millions of other motorcyclist's rights to your opinions. But I am too middle of the road on this issue. I see and understand your points, but I also agree with the governments' stand to reduce road fatalities.

I really enjoy your website and our occasional conversations. But please don't send Geno my way, I prefer my ass as it is.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:07:00 AM  
Blogger Tramp said...

I also agree with the governments' stand to reduce road fatalities. It is their methods I disagree with. Punish the guilty, not the innocent.

John W, these laws were written and debated by people just like you. Well, maybe not exactly like you, you are smarter than them. This you will soon find out.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home