Friday, July 28, 2006

Denzel Washington Is A Great Man





My wife gave me this news item about Denzel Washington. I've always liked the guy. He is a great actor and seemed like a very nice fellow when I met him in Boca Grande, FL. He was shooting a movie there and I always took my father there when I visited him in Florida. Denzel was always corteous and polite, a tribute to his parents. But I never realized what an outstanding man he really is. He is a great man.
And Denzel, your parents must have been great people to produce you. I'm sure they are very proud of you, as are many other Americans, myself and my wife included. And thank you sir, for the gifts you have given this world. I am, of course, talking about your four children. I am sure you have instilled the traits into them that your parents instilled into you. And that is by far this country's greatest resource

Read on.

Denzel Washington and Brooks Army Medical Center
Don't know whether you heard about this but Denzel Washington and his family visited the troops at Brook Army Medical Center, in San Antonio, Texas (BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers who have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the United States, especially burn victims. There are some buildings there called Fisher Houses . The Fisher House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the Hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled most of the time. While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his checkbook out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it. The question I have is why does Alec Baldwin, Madonna, Sean Penn and other Hollywood types make front page news with their anti-everything America trash and Denzel Washington's Patriotism doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the local newspaper in San Antonio.



A true American and friend to all in uniform!

GOD BLESS YOU DENZEL FOR YOUR PATRIOTISM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home