Monday, October 23, 2006

Grandmother's Advice

This from Irene.


My friend's long-passed grandmother's birthday is coming up, and for him it is time to reminisce.

Here is his story:
The long walks we used to take. The long drives, the special trips she would make to pick me up so I could spend weekends with her, and the advice she used to give! Much was wasted because I was young when she died. If she were alive today and sharing her pearls of wisdom, I'd be a better man. Those gems were all good, but the one I remember most, the jewel in the crown of grand-motherly advice, came whenI was only 12. We were sitting in a park, watching children and their mothers enjoying a beautiful spring day. She told me that one day, I'd find a great woman and start my own family.
"And son, remember this always," she said, "Be sure you marry a woman with small hands."
"How come, Grandma?" I asked her.
She said in her soft voice... "Makes your pecker look bigger!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home