Sunday, October 29, 2006

Vintage Estate Beer Tasting

I attended the beer tasting at Vintage Estate yesterday. What a great time it turned out to be.

Ron, himself, was there serving the beers. He picked out some excellent beers and served them in a perfect order, starting with the lighter ones. All of his choices were great, it was difficult to decide which ones were going home with me.

I selected the Two Brothers Heavy Handed IPA and the Southern Tier Old Man Winter, as I preferred them slightly over the others. I also padded my stash with some exquisite Belgian brews (Trappist), as well as some British ale (Samuel Smith). I finally had the chance to pick up a few AleSmith treats and I added to my Gordon Biersch collection (one of my all time favorites).

Ron did this event right, anticipating everything that could happen. The people were great for a large beer drinking crowd. Friendly, polite and just fun to be around, they were the high point of the event. Ron was as helpful and efficient as he always is. His planning left the crowd wanting nothing. There was no waiting for a beer sample, a plus for thirsty beer enthusiasts. And the spread of food was ample, appropriate and delicious (the extra hot sauce for the wings was a foresight you get only from a true beer drinker).

Ron and his capable staff accommodated the large crowd efficiently and expertly, making sure no one was neglected. His staff even tolerated my corny humor with smiles, the sign of a true professional.

I certainly hope Ron is planning another of these events in the near future as it is a splendid way to spend a Saturday, talking to new friends and drinking old ones. I was amazed at how widely varied his offerings of not only beer, but also many excellent wines as well, has become. Ron is a dedicated man, and it looks as if he plans to do what he does in the best way possible.

I'll stay in touch with him. If he has any other events upcoming, you will see them here.

Thanks Ron!

If you would like to contact Ron, here is his contact information.
Vintage Estate Wine and Beer, 7317 South Avenue, Boardman , OH
Phone 330-629-8080
Email ron@vewinebeer.com
Website http://vewinebeer.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Tramp said...

It’s not awesome and kind if it’s true. You deserve the accolades, Ron. You are doing it right!

Monday, October 30, 2006 12:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home