Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Wisdom Of Corrine

Corrine is one of the most intelligent and down to earth people I have ever met.

I was talking to Corrine the other day.
I was feeling down from one of those days when life in general pisses you off.
I said to Corrine, "Give me some advice. Give me something to believe in".

Here is what she said.

I believe-
That we don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.

I believe-
That no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I believe-
That true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

I believe-
That you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

I believe-
That it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I believe-
That you should always leave others with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

I believe-
That you can keep going long after you think you can't.

I believe-
That we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I believe-
That either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I believe-
That regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.

I believe-
That heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

I believe-
That money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I believe-
That my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

I believe-
That sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down,will be the ones to help you get back up.

I believe-
That sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn'tgive me the right to be cruel.

I believe-
That just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

I believe-
That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

I believe-
That it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I believe-
That no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I believe-
That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I believe-
That just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other. And just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.

I believe-
That you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.

I believe-
That two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.

I believe-
That your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you.

I believe-
That even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.

I believe-
That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I believe-
That the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.


The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it.
But it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll love you back!


Don't expect love in return;
Just wait for it to grow in their heart.
But if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours.


It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone.
But it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

Don't go for looks; they can deceive.
Don't go for wealth; even that fades away.
Go for someone who makes you smile
Because it takes only a smile to make a dark day
seem bright.
Find the one that makes your heart smile.

May you have
Enough happiness to make you sweet,
Enough trials to make you strong,
Enough sorrow to keep you human,
Enough hope to make you happy.

Always put yourself in others' shoes.
If you feel that it hurts you,
It probably hurts the other person, too

The happiest of people
Don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

Happiness lies for those who cry,
Those who hurt, those who have searched,
And those who have tried,
For only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives.

When you were born, you were crying
And everyone around you was smiling.
Live your life so that when you die,
You're the one who is smiling

and everyone around you is crying.


I said, "Thanks Corrine. Thanks for being so well grounded that you help keep me that way".
She said, "Shut up Bitch and get me a drink!"
But she was smiling!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this. can i borrow it?!?

Sunday, January 14, 2007 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Tramp said...

Sure, you are a part of this.

Just act like you own it!

Monday, January 15, 2007 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger Emmie said...

ah well such nice views of Corrine... she has a wonderful idea about relationships... i would love to visit your blog again.. i really liked it.. well u can too drop by My Friendship Blog sometime and have a glimpse of something u may find interesting...!!!

Monday, January 15, 2007 1:28:00 AM  
Blogger Tramp said...

Welcome Emmie and thanks for stopping.

Come back any time, we like to have fun here.

I did check your site out. Great work, it's an excellent place to visit.

I will post a link. Expect some Riverbankers to visit!

Monday, January 15, 2007 7:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home