Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bobby Knieval


I saw Bobby yesterday. He was riding one of his motorized bicycles.


He told me about another crash he had recently been involved in. An older fellow in a newer car turned in front of him. The bike was destroyed and he wound up on the hood.


I mentioned that it would now be three crashes he has been involved in this summer. He looked at me like the cat that ate the canary. Then he told me it has been significantly more than three crashes so far. He showed me the bruises.


I didn’t pry.


But I did tell him that he needs to be more careful. He said I need not worry, that he was fully aware of what he was doing.


I cringed.


We said our goodbyes and as he was leaving, he crashed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home