Sunday, May 18, 2008

Amen


From Bobby.

These kids need to wise up.
When the school tries to sell them a lunch, they should tell them they can't pay because their money mentions God!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since the Pledge of Allegiance and The Lord's Prayer are not allowed in most public schools anymore because the word "God" is mentioned, a kid in Arizona wrote the attached NEW School prayer.

I liked it.

*****

New Pledge of Allegiance!
.
Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.
.
If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.
.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.
.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.
.
We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.
.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
.
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home