Sunday, August 20, 2006

Protective Computer Gear


The other day I came back to my office from lunch. There was a message from a new secretary in Sweet's office. She asked for help.
"My CD drive won't work, can you help me?" she asked. I told her I'd take a look and proceeded over to her machine, where I found shredded up clear plastic Baggie-like stuff hanging out of her CD drive. While I spent the next 20 minutes getting out her disk and digging out the plastic, I noticed two guys, John and Dave, in the hall trying awfully hard to keep straight faces. Suspecting some mischief, I asked her how the plastic got into the drive.
"Oh, you mean the condom!" she said.
"Condom???" I asked.
"Yes, John & Dave over there told me to always put a condom on my disk before inserting it, to prevent catching viruses."
By this point, John and Dave were roaring, and it was all I could do to keep from joining them. The "condom" turned out to be a standard plastic sleeve. I delicately explained to her that a practical joke had been played, and she shouldn't do that anymore, when she asked (as serious as one could be), "Does that mean I don't have to stroke it ten times or blow on it either???"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home