Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Real Men DO Cook!

I've had a few certain unenlightened readers try and tell me that real men don't cook.

I say you show me a man that doesn't cook and I'll show you a skinny man.

Here is a recipe from a good friend and a real man.
Perhaps you've heard of him?
His name is Dwight Yoakum.






Shrimp Stuffed Tenderloin
Servings: 10
Utensils:
Shallow pan and string.
Ingredients:
1/2 pkg. Boom Boom Shrimp
1 4lb beef tenderloin1 tsp. melted butter
1-1/2 tsp. lemon juice
6-8 slices bacon
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup sliced scallions
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tsp fresh minced garlic1 tsp fresh

Cooking instructions:
Butterfly tenderloin lengthwise to within 1/2" of edges. Arrange shrimp end to end inside tenderloin. Combine 1 tsp. butter with lemon juice and drizzle over shrimp. Close tenderloin around shrimp and tie with string in several places to secure. Place on rack in shallow pan. Roast in oven at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Drape bacon over tenderloin and roast an additional five minutes. Transfer to platter. Melt one stick butter and cook scallions until tender. Add white wine and garlic salt. Spoon over tenderloin and serve.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tramp said...

Sweet, that's not a comment.

That is a post!

Friday, August 25, 2006 3:57:00 AM  
Blogger Tramp said...

Hey! My comment vanished.
I'll try again.

Don't be sorry. You put them anywhere you want. I'll moved them up front.

Your name is on the front of this thing too, you know?

Monday, August 28, 2006 12:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home