Thursday, March 22, 2007

Late At The Office

I was in the Riverbank office late yesterday and everyone had left except Corrine and I.
I mentioned to her that she had not once chased me down this year.
“I wouldn’t chase you if you wouldn’t run”, she said.
“I wouldn’t run if YOU wouldn’t chase me”, I shot back.
“I wouldn’t have to if you wouldn’t piss me off”, she countered with.
“I wouldn’t piss you off if you chased me for the right reason”, I said with a smile.
“That doesn’t make any sense. What the hell does that mean?”, she asked with a annoyed look.
“I, uh... I don’t know. I got lost, I think”, I almost stuttered.
“Then why did you say it”, she asked with a piercing look.
“I was shooting for something smooth”, I answered.
“Why?”, she demanded.
“I think you know why”, I said, trying hard to be smooth.
“I think I do too”, she said heading my was. She did not look friendly, I might add.
“Oh come on, I don’t want to run tonight”, I begged.
“Then don’t”, she offered.
“I don’t want to get knocked around either!”, I explained.
“Then why don’t you keep your mouth shut?”, she wondered.
“You know I can’t do that!”, I quickly explained. “Should I just start running now?”, I wondered, beginning to get annoyed.
“Oh Tramp, calm down. I’m just having fun with you”, she finally admitted.
“Oh good! At least one of us is”, I shot back.
“I didn’t mean to upset you. I’m sorry, come here”, she confused me with.
“Why?”, I said suspiciously.
“I’m going to give you a hug”, she continued to confuse me with.


I eyed her like a lamb eyes a fox.

“Are you playing me again?” I assumed.
“No, come here”, she calmed me with.

Now Corrine can hurt you if she wants to. But she really is a good person. She’s kind, compassionate, smart, funny and caring. I considered all of that and decided that maybe she was serious. So I went for it.

“Okay, I believe you. I guess I should have never doubted... Hey, ouch! That’s not a hug! That’s a titty twister!”, I was tricked into.
“Oops. Sorry. It’s late, I’m tired. I must have gotten confused”, she replied.
“Confused? Confused? How do you confuse...”
But she cut me off with, “Hey, I’m tired. I said I was sorry”.
“Really? That was a mistake?”, I wondered.
“Yes, it was a mistake”, she explained.
“Well, okay, if it was a mistake”, I said bewildered.
“Yes, that’s what it was. See you tomorrow”, she waved me off with.
“Yeah, uh... Hey, where’s my hug?”, I wondered.
“I might make a mistake again”, she explained as she headed out the door.
So I yelled toward her, “Oh, alright then. As long as it wasn’t intentional, I guess I can’t be mad at... Hey! Are you laughing? You ARE laughing!”

2 Comments:

Blogger Tramp said...

To know you is to love you!

Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:56:00 PM  
Blogger Tramp said...

Awww! Group hug!

No, wait. Group shot instead!

Yeah, that's it!

Saturday, March 24, 2007 8:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home