Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It Seems Drunks Pay A Price

I like telling amusing stories about drunks. Lord knows I associate with enough of them. But being a drunk comes with a price. Oh, I'm sure you know all about the cost, the legal problems and the health issues. I'm talking about a different one.

Dennis (you remember Dennis?) and I left the island one morning and headed to the closest marina for breakfast. Dennis drinks way too much and has for as long as I can remember. We went into the restaurant and sat down. Our waitress came over and asked me what I'd like. I told her I'd like to be rich, but I'd settle for breakfast. She then said, looking at Dennis, "And what can I get for your father." Dennis is younger than me. I laughed. She said "There goes my tip." I told her she had just doubled her tip.

That is another price you pay for travelling through this life with beer goggles on. I'm sure glad that I'm no good at being a drunk.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mizz Bee said...

Thanks for the laughs! Fun stuff. Keep it up.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:54:00 PM  
Blogger Tramp said...

Your welcome JJ. Thanks for reading and commenting. I do appreciate having my stuff read. I appreciate comments even more.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home