Saturday, December 02, 2006

Sweet Has A Rant

And it’s about coffee beans.

Okay, not really, but it seems to be the root of the problem.

Alright then, because I am Sweet, I thought it would be a nice gesture if I allowed the youngsters to enjoy a nice cup of coffee during the Thanksgiving Holiday. They are always inquiring about coffee.

So I purchased some coffee, with chocolate added to it, for them to enjoy. Little did I know that my regular supply of coffee beans was depleted over the last few weeks. And my loving husband had to endure a cup of ‘kiddie coffee’ last Wednesday. The sheer horror of it!

And then, after a day, which was ripped straight from the bowels of hell, I went shopping for a baby gift for an office ‘baby shower‘. I had to do battle with all of the other idiots who decided to go shopping after work on that day. I stopped at a ‘specialty shop’ to pick up a few unusual items for my staff's annual ‘Christmas Party‘.

I noticed that this store had some nice ‘Hawaiian Coffee’. So I just purchased a bag of that, with the belief that my beloved husband would appreciate the fact I remembered his coffee.

I arrived home late, started dinner and told my hubby that I had picked up some coffee for him today. His response was "thank you". Then, as he went to place the coffee beans in our special container, he asked "can't you ever buy regular coffee"? Believe me, the Sweet went away in less than a second.

(Advice to all males: The stores that are located on every corner, as you make your way home, which say ‘Market’ on the front of them, they sell coffee.)

I told my wonderful husband that in a town the size of ours, I’d would be willing to bet that he passed at least 12 MARKETS on his way home. And these stores, they also sell milk and bread.

So don't be telling me about how you work 10-12 hours per day and how you are tired. I work too! And then I come home and make your dinner.

Tonight he got a "hot-dog on a plain bun". I'm tired! I worked 10 hours, and fired, and hired, and filed complaints with the court, and so on. My job may not be physical, but it requires mental strain. It can also become emotional.

And if you don't like my selection of coffee, pick up your own.

Sweet

PS Geno once told me that it was okay to be bitchy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tramp said...

I'll put it up.

It sounds like a 'Sweet' drink!

Sunday, December 03, 2006 5:13:00 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

bitchy is a necessity when you have to work, shop, cook, and buy coffee all on the same day. Even when I was single, a day like that could make me crabby! More Kona, please...

Monday, December 04, 2006 5:42:00 AM  
Blogger Tramp said...

Mmmm...

Kona!

Monday, December 04, 2006 10:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home