Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Boating Fun

Here is a story that may or may not be funny, depending on who you were in the story. But it is true.

We were at Mosquito Lake (a big 10 mile long lake) doing some boating, skiing, swimming and partying. Spent the weekend there. Some good stories up there but this is a different one.

It was Sunday evening and we were heading out. Got to the launch ramp and docked so I could get the truck. But there was a guy, who had what looked like a brand new boat on a brand new truck, just arriving to launch. Well he was tying up my ramp, but I'm a patient man. Besides, these newbies are fun to watch anyway.

He backs the trailer down into the water pretty well. Then he places the truck in park and jumps out. I notice he doesn't chock the wheels, hope he at least put on the parking brake (he didn't).

OK, now your getting ahead of me aren't you?

Yes, he backed the boat away and bumped the trailer doing it. That shake of his rig was all it took to break the park pin in his truck transmission (the thing that holds the truck still) and send the truck, trailer and all down the ramp and into the lake. We watched from our boat and he from his. It took about 30 seconds to completely and dramatically sink. The look on his face was award winning. He was very quiet for a while as was everyone else.

Then I said, and I don't know why, "That's not how you do it."

I still remember that screaming of his the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home