Monday, March 20, 2006

Oldie But Goodie

I love this story.

This is an actual radio conversation of an Australian Naval ship with New Zealand authorities.
October 1975.

Kiwis: Please divert your course 15 degrees south to avoid a collision.
Aussies: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees north to avoid a collision.
Kiwis: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees south to avoid a collision.
Aussies: This is the Captain of an Australian Naval Warship. I say again, divert your course.
Kiwis: NO. I say again, you divert your course.
Aussies: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER HMAS MELBOURNE, THE LARGEST SHIP IN THE AUSTRALIAN NAVY. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE FRIGATES AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, I SAY AGAIN THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTERMEASURES WILL BE TAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.
Kiwis: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!

-cbol

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:01:00 PM  
Blogger Tramp said...

The same reaction I had.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home