Sunday, March 25, 2007

In God I Trust

Corrine has some news about a new United States Coin. The new U.S. Silver Dollar does not say "In God We Trust" anywhere on it.

When I see one, I'm going to respond with, "What 'cha got there? We only take 'Merican dollars. Dem ain't 'Merican dollars. Gov'mint say they are? Gov'mint's wrong! Git!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our first coin without "In God We Trust" on it. I will refuse it.

The U.S. Mint hopes the redesigned $1 coin will win acceptance with consumers.

It does not have In God We Trust on it

.
.


.
.

Another way of leaving God out.
Send this on and let consumers decide if it will win acceptance or not.


IN GOD WE TRUST


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may be wrong, I'll have to check when I get home,
I thought I saw IN GOD WE TRUST stamped into the outside edge of the coin. Thought it was an unusual
place to put it. Again, I'm not totally sure of this.

The mint keeps trying with these dollar coins.
Nobody seems to use them on a regular basis.
I get one and throw it in a dresser drawer, just so I can say I have one.

Monday, March 26, 2007 10:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*really really wishes she could be present when tramp refuses this coin*

Monday, March 26, 2007 12:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does say In God we Trust on the edge of the coin. I have one and it also says the date of mint.

Monday, March 26, 2007 6:11:00 PM  
Blogger Tramp said...

Instead of a textured or ridged edge, the smooth rim will now hold the mintmark, the date of striking, and the mottos “In God We Trust” and "E Pluribus Unum.”

There is quite a difference in being placed on the front, center and top location of the coin in a prominent location, and being cleverly hidden on the edge. It's just a cowardly way of trying to sneak it in. And when people least expect it, it will vanish.

I say it's wrong!

Monday, March 26, 2007 6:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home